Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I don't know where I belong?

Okay here's the problem: I am a black woman who was raised in a prodimately black neighborhood, went to all black schools and had almost all black friends. But I recently started attending a university and moved to a neighborhood that is demographically diversed. Now that I am learning about and mixing with other cultures, I find myself attracted to white guys; they are pive, smart, sweet and true gentlemen (not to mention hotties!). I am starting to make white boy/girlfriends and we have a blast together, but sometimes I feel like I am too "hood" or "ghetto" with them and now my black friends seem to think I am becoming a nerd or somethin and that I think I am better than them. Black guyz that I meet now make me feel like a geek. I think it is a beautiful thing to be diverse, but I feel inadequate. I never felt this way before, I have always fit in. Anybuddy ever have this problem? What do I do? I am starting to wonder where I fit in in this society. Who am I; who are my people?

No comments:

Post a Comment